Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ribeye w/ Asparagus


Okay, remember that whole statement from Thursday of me saying that I was going to be getting into some debauchery, but not 'really'?  Well, 'really' happened.  Hehe.  I've been a bit behind (obviously, since there was no post yesterday), so I couldn't just leave you guys empty handed.  And hopefully I'll be up to speed Monday!


So let's talk Ribeye.  A lot of people kind of stray away from ribeye cuts.  Too much marble to work around, and all that jazz.  But me.  I love a good ribeye.  I actually LOVE the marbling (am I sick?  I don't care!)  And the beauty of a ribeye to me, is it's simplicity.  You don't have to jazz it up, you can just let the good grass-fed beef (assuming that you bought a grass-fed beef product) speak for itself.  And to pair it with some simply sauteed asparagus and squirt of lemon juice?  And you have yourself dinner in seriously less than 20 minutes. 


Think I'm crazy?  Think I'm lying?  Try it for yourself.  I'll show ya! =)

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless ribeye steak
salt and pepper, to taste
olive oil, for rubbing
about 15-20 asparagus spears
juice from 1 lemon
lemon slices, optional
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, optional

Preheat oven to 500 F.

Heat a large oven-proof skillet under high heat. 

Rub ribeye with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper on both sides. 

Place ribeye in dry skillet and cook for about 30 seconds.  Using tongs, flip over and cook an additional 30 seconds.

Carefully place skillet in oven and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, for a medium rare/medium.

Carefully remove skillet from oven and transfer steak to cutting board to rest for about 5 minutes.

While your ribeye is resting, you can prepare your asparagus.  Gently toss the spears with some olive oil, salt and pepper.  Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon onto the asparagus. 

Carefully wipe the skillet used for the steak clean with a paper towel (it'll still be hot, so make sure you're careful!) and heat under high heat.  Melt 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and add asparagus.  Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften, but still crisp and green.

Cut whole ribeye in half to serve as two steaks.

To plate, arrange about 6-7 spears on a plate and top with one ribeye steak and serve with a lemon wedge.  You can also top your steak with a little pat of butter, if you'd like.


Seriously.  Simplicity.  At. It's Finest.  No joke.  And what did I tell you?  Dinner is ready in 20 minutes!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys! 


And I know I've been all about the meat this week, but I promise next week will be a little 'sweeter' and 'lighter'!

27 comments:

  1. Looks delicious meal. sauteed asparagus is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too simple and sounds too tempting to pass up! I love keeping my dinner meal ingredients to a minimum. This recipe would fit right in. Thank you for sharing your creativity with me! I hope you have a blessed Sunday. You make me smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm terrified of cooking steak; I do it so rarely that I have no idea how to check doneness! The asparagus I can handle though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm I can taste it. I agree with you. Well marbled meat itself tastes good with salt, pepper, and wine only. I never used lemon juice. This must be really good! I will try this recipe soon. Maybe tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg serious drool! And no, I don't think you're lying, hehe. It's my "cheat trick" all the time to whip up something that looks fancy but so simple yet delicious. Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks too good to be true! I love a good ribeye too. Aside from prime rib, it's definitely my favorite kind of beef! And you cooked it perfectly with the pinkness in the center. Beautiful plating too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very good piece of meat and it is perfectly cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh, lovely steak.
    Cooked exactly as I like it.
    You made my Sunday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks realy good - two of my favourite things: ribeye and aspargus :_)

    My best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may be a vegetarian, but I can still appreciate this recipe! Simple, and an awesome pairing with the asparagus.

    xxoo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, you really just crave a good steak. And when you do, simply prepared is the way to go! Love this dish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite cut - gorgeous. What were you up to? =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks awesome! ....as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful presentation! I need to work on making my food prettier.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm...looks delicious! I loves asparagus!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. loooove your presentation! so much fun! I'm an asparagus FIEND! it ate it all weekend!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, wow, that ribeye is cooked to perfection! And I love love the fact that you served it with asparagus...beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, sometimes you just crave a good steak and this looks really delicious with the crisp asparagus, butter and lemon.

    Simple, good flavours are always the best IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks perfectly done, very nice presentation Peggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Simple and delicious! And asparagus is a perfect pairing:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful presentation, wonderful photos and tasty meal! Congrats on top 9!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nothing like a good steak! Awesome photos. Congrats on the engagement. He's one lucky fellow!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on Top 9!

    Your dish looks awesome & perfectly plated! Not to mention delicious! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! Looks amazing! I am so afraid of large cuts of meat. I'm going to go back and read the directions and bookmark, but right now I am enjoying your amazing photos!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have one of our favorite meals, right there! Nicely done! You can't go wrong with good beef and asparagus.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love asparagus and it has so many good-for-you benefits! I don't even eat steak and this still looks good to me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails