Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pancetta Wrapped Meatloaf

There is nothing more satisfying than bacon. I absolutely LOVE bacon. Almost more than Andy. That says A LOT. So when I saw that Food in My Beard had this awesome recipe for this meatloaf, I knew it was going to be amazing. Besides, how can you go wrong with crispy bacon-y goodness?!?!


Ingredients

1 lb ground beef
1 lb ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
couple bunches of parsley, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
freshly ground pepper
pretty big pinch of red pepper flakes

Meatloaf isn't rocket science, so this is pretty straight forward. Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix up until everything is evenly throughout the loaf. Form the meat madness into a big loaf.

Then on some parchment paper, line up pancetta rounds. I did a 5 x 3 grid. Then put loaf on top of pancetta, kind of in the middle and wrap loaf with parchment paper. Unravel parchment paper, but be careful not to unravel the pancetta. It should stick pretty well to the loaf. I didn't have enough pancetta to wrap the whole loaf, mainly just the top, but that was fine with me. Get more pancetta if you think you need it though.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake the loaf for about 45 minutes to an hour. I found that 45 minutes wasn't enough for my thick hunk of meat, so after 45 minutes, I drained the loaf of the juices, and put it back in the oven for about 15 more minutes.

It was DELICIOUS!


I also made a quick tomato sauce for on top with 1 can San Marzano tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, and parmesan cheese that was also on FIMB page.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails